No matter how strong your teeth are, they are still vulnerable and could break. Certain factors lead to this like when you accidentally fall or when you’re eating hard or crispy food. You may also be caught in an accident or sports injury, which leads to a broken tooth.
A broken tooth needs immediate attention to prevent further damage; hence you need to see a dentist right away. We at Midtown Dental Centre are available seven days a week to assist you in case you need emergency dental care. Here are some tips on what to do if you have a broken tooth.
- Gargle with a saltwater rinse to clean your mouth from bacteria.
- If it’s painful, take an over-the-counter medicine.
- If the chipped tooth has a sharp edge, put sugarless chewing gum on the edge to cover and protect your tongue.
- If you’re having meals, avoid chewing on the damaged tooth.
- Call your dentist and seek immediate treatment.
Our dental team provides emergency dental care to save a broken tooth. In our practice, we perform the following dental procedures to repair your damaged tooth.
- Dental bonding
- Placement of a dental crown
- Root canal therapy
Contact our clinic today at (647) 930-0068 if you need help in restoring a chipped or broken tooth and we are ready to assist you.