Extractions/Wisdom Teeth Removal
There’s nothing that can compensate for a lost natural tooth. That’s why extraction is only our last option when all other dental treatments are not possible to save your tooth. Our dental team conducts thorough examination through the use of X-rays to ensure we can explore all options. Before our dental specialist decides to remove the tooth, here are five categories that he looks into:
- The tooth is irreparable after severe decay.
- It’s the best possible solution to resolve periodontal disease.
- It’s an impacted wisdom tooth.
- Some teeth are overcrowding.
- It’s a viable option after an accident.
Two types of tooth extraction:
- A simple extraction is performed when the tooth that needs to be removed is visible. Local anesthesia will be administered to the patient to prevent any discomfort.
- A surgical extraction is necessary when the tooth has not fully erupted or it’s been broken below the gumline. In most cases, general anesthesia is given to the patient prior to the procedure.
We care for your teeth, yet sometimes, we also make a decision to remove a tooth or two when necessary. Rest assured that you will be given a restorative option as well to replace it. Call us today at (647) 930-0068 for a consultation.
Take That First Step To Improve Your Oral Health
Call (647) 930-0068
Book an initial consultation today!