No matter how strong your teeth are, they are still vulnerable to breaking. Certain factors may lead to this, such as falling, eating, sports injuries, and more. A broken tooth needs immediate attention to prevent further damage. Midtown Dental Centre is open seven days a week to assist you in emergency dental care. In the meantime, some tips if you have a broken tooth include:
- Gargle with a saltwater rinse to clean your mouth from bacteria.
- If it’s painful, take an over-the-counter medicine.
- If the chipped tooth has a sharp edge, put sugarless chewing gum on the edge to cover and protect your tongue.
- If you’re having meals, avoid chewing on the damaged tooth.
- Call your dentist and seek immediate treatment.
Our dental team can help you save a broken tooth. In our practice, we perform:
- Dental bonding
- Placement of a dental crown
- Root canal therapy
Contact us at (416) 966-3368 today if you need to restore a chipped or broken tooth.