In dentistry, different X-ray images are needed to be efficient and effective in treatment planning. Since we treat different dental cases every day, we need to be equipped with different technological equipment for us to deliver.
One of the pieces of equipment we use is Panorex X-ray, a 2D radiograph that provides us a panoramic view of the patient’s mouth, including jaws, and sinuses. We require our patients to have this 2D X-ray taken when we need to diagnose these conditions:
- Impacted wisdom tooth
- Advanced periodontal or gum disease
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Oral cancer
Panorex X-ray process
- The patient bites down on a dental tool in order to position his head correctly.
- The dentist asks the patient to stay still while the Panorex X-ray captures images within 20 seconds.
- The images are displayed on the computer screen.
At Midtown Dental Centre, we want to make sure you get the best treatment possible for your complex dental case. An in-depth evaluation is possible through Panorex X-ray imaging. Contact us today and allow us to determine what dental treatment suits you best.